Red River Charitable Foundation Scholarship Program 2019
The Red River Charitable Foundation (RRCF) is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, non-profit organization established by Red River, a technology transformation company with more than 20 years experience in security, networking, analytics, collaboration, mobility and cloud solutions. The Foundation and the Scholarship were designed to promote technology knowledge, education, and interest among area students. This Scholarship is awarded to one or more seniors who intend to major in Computer Science or other Information Technology courses of study. Such majors include but are not limited to Animation, Biomedical, Electrical, Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Game Design & Development, Bioinformatics, Robotics, and Graphics & Web Design.
Number of Awards:
To Be Determined By the Red River Charitable Foundation
Amount of Scholarship:
$5,000 per Award
Students must submit the following applicant information via the form link below:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Financial Need – include expected family contribution (EFC) from the FAFSA student aid report
- List and detail of School & Community Activities
- College you plan to attend / Major
- Class Rank and GPA (This is for our information only, awards are not based solely on grades).
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
Students must demonstrate qualities of good citizenship and character and must submit an essay (no more than two pages long please) on one of these topics:
- Tell us how a specific Community Service experience influenced your life. Also explain why your community is unique and important to you.
- In your opinion, what is the most important technology product or development in the last 10 years? How has it affected society, both positively and negatively?
- How is technology improving the lives of wounded veterans?
- What is your favorite STEM subject? Tell us how it has shaped your plans for your future.